Our mission statement as the TLA Fish and Wildlife Committee is to work towards the enhancement of the fish and wildlife resources on Lake Temagami.
We do support CATCH AND RELEASE fishing in the Municipality of Temagami. Barbless hooks facilitate the release of fish and are recommended. Remember, when you release the prime spawners, the lake trout and the pickerel age 7 yrs. and 4 lbs., you are releasing a lake trout that will spawn approx.1500 eggs per pound of fish and a pickerel that will spawn approx. 40,000 eggs per pound of fish. By releasing a trophy fish you are allowing a prime spawner to propagate and enhance the fishery. The older fish are not good eating and a fiberglass reproduction will look better longer than a real skin mount.
A fiberglass reproduction can be made from a trophy fish provided you have the length and girth measurements and a picture of the fish. Reproduction prices are comparable to skin mounts.
Fish and Wildlife:
- Temagami Fish Hatchery 2014
- Broad-scale Fisheries Monitoring Bulletin 2014
- MNR Fish Assessment Program 2014
- 2014 Recreational Fishing Limits
- Fisheries Management Zone (FMZ) 11 Public Advisory Council
- Information update – Spring 2013
- Fact Sheet: Lake Trout in Fisheries Management Zone 11
- Fact Sheet: Walleye in Fisheries Managment Zone 11
- Regulatory Guidelines Lake Trout Fishery
- Beaver Management and Control
The Double Crested Cormorant – Issues and Management
Mention cormorants to any fisherman and passions heat up. (Read the entire Cormorants article by Peter Healy.)