Services Offered at Headquarters
TLA Headquarters’ Building – Summer 2014
We anticipate another busy summer at the TLA building and are pleased to once again offer a ‘high speed’ wireless internet service for members either using our desktops or one’s own personal computer.
We are pleased to announce that Diana Van Vlyman will be returning to work with us this summer. As well as supervising our office and providing members services Diana will oversee our water testing/sampling program. Joining her will be Adam Tretjack who is enrolled in the Fish and Wildlife program at Sir Stanford Fleming College. Adam is a lifelong cottager on Island 985. Watch for them on the lake in our new, made in Temagami, Naden watercraft.
Our products for sale make great cottage additions and wonderful gifts for guests. These include:
- Temagami Cooks - reprinted 2013; Try the Temagami Fish Chowder Recipe
- Temagami Lakes Association: The Life and Times of a Cottage Community
- Environmentally friendly soap products – bar soap, liquid laundry detergent, herbal shampoo, dishwashing liquid and powder,
- Dinner place mats with TLA shoal map motif
- Shoal map, wall map and canoe trip maps
- Temagami old growth posters (two different ones)
- A wall map sized historical map of the TemagamiIslands with family names circa 1940
- Temagami related books, and other local publications
- Water testing kits
Our Summer Services for 2014 include but are not limited to:
- Saturday, June 28, 2014 – open for member services. Members may call the office or drop by before then as our staff will often be about.
- Welcome back BBQ for members on Saturday July 12
- AGM Friday, July 25, 2014 at Camp Wabun
- TLA Special Fund Raising Event at Camp Wabun on Saturday, July 26
- Radio service including emergency fire coordination 7 days a week 10 A.M to 5 P.M. from June 28 though Aug 30.
- Postal (incoming and outgoing) service at 12.30 PM
- Environmentally friendly soap product sales
- Household battery disposal program
- Shoal map, wall map, and local publication sales
- Lending library and ‘high’ speed internet for members
- Fax and pay phone, meeting room,
- Temagami Times and Directories available
- Members’ services through TLA staff
Remember the 2014 Annual General Meeting is to take place this year Friday July 25 at Camp Wabun at 10 AM. Join us for coffee at 9:30. There is plenty of beach parking for small boats.